Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Like he cares...

Anyone who knows me, is well aware that I am a huge college football fan. I follow the season closely, yet feel the way a champion is decided is a farce. While I fully believe the system needs to be changed, I do not support the idea that our government should be investigating the BCS. I have attached an open letter I sent to Senator Hatch from Utah, who seems to be spearheading this ridiculous "investigation" into our current system. Feel free to send him one as well. I have attached his contact information here as well. Remember, be courteous!
http://hatch.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Offices.Home


"Dear Senator Hatch,

I recognize you are not one of the senators that represents my state. Regardless, I feel compelled to request why exactly you insist upon investigating the BCS? In this day and age, when our nation is faced with so many challenges, do you honestly believe this is an issue that deserves oversight from our federal representatives and senators?

Any college football fan will agree that the lesser known conferences have less pull and influence on the sports world. All a team needs to do is win. Follow the model Florida State used in the late 70s and 80s, play anybody anywhere, win more than lose and you will be recognized. That is the way to build a new football power.

I implore you to drop this investigation. I know your constituents may encourage you, however they must surely realize this issue is not nearly as important as many of the other challenges facing this great country that could use your attention.

Thank you for your time."

I have no illusions that this letter will make one little bit of difference, yet I sure feel better. At least my voice was expressed, if not heard.

Now on to the rest of my day. Next maybe I will petition God to stop the Earth from spinning. This is just as likely as

No comments:

Post a Comment